With more and more companies working with Salesforce, there has been an increase in demand for different Salesforce roles. Some certified Salesforce experts are highly sought after by companies. They need professionals to achieve a CRM solution that overcomes their business issues.
With numerous Salesforce certifications and roles, it can be confusing for a company to know the type of Salesforce role needed to achieve its business goals. We have highlighted some of the most common Salesforce roles that might be something your business needs.
Most Important Salesforce Roles for a Project
We have shared here some of the main distinctions in the most important Salesforce roles and everything they are responsible for at their position.
Salesforce consultants are known to work much closer to Salesforce partners instead of end-users. Their role requires hands-on configuration with a full-fledged understanding of the Salesforce platform.
Consultants work on different projects of clients. For clients, Salesforce consultants can be the first point of contact for starting any project. They are the ones who work steadily to achieve their project goals.
Here we have listed some of the tasks that a Salesforce consultant do:
- Gathering and documenting requirements for the project
- Conducting configuration of the platform
- Delivering guidance on the design of the solution
- Conducting workshops for user onboarding
- Providing insight to clients about customization and third-party applications for their businesses
- User training
- Having an understanding of the complete project
A Salesforce developer in any project would be an expert in coding and API integration. Salesforce developers can create triggers, complex workflows, validation rules and work on APEX development.
Salesforce developers have a background in programming languages like Java, along with in-depth knowledge of Salesforce. They are the subject matter experts and are always in a lot of demand in the Salesforce ecosystem.
Here we have listed some of the tasks that a Salesforce developer do:
- Developing Visualforce pages and Lightning components
- APEX development
- Working on technical documentation
- Product installation and testing
- Managing debugging process
- Create triggers and complex workflows
- Reviewing custom code and making changes if required
- Creating solutions to address issues in a company or to make its operations smooth
- Product maintenance
A Salesforce Architect is a person who would be at the highest level for any project of Salesforce implementation. Architects tend to have expertise in Salesforce and have knowledge of different web development languages that will be used with Salesforce.
In any Salesforce implementation project, the Salesforce architect would be the key person in the team. The architect will handle the complete technical design and custom elements to be added to the project.
Here we have listed some of the tasks that a Salesforce architect do:
- Preparing design of the security model
- Working on solutions that are meant to be for long-term
- Conducting system integration using APIs
- Handling Salesforce implementations, ensuring they can be seamlessly expanded if needed
- Overseeing and maintaining governance
These professionals are more commonly referred to as Salesforce admin. A Salesforce admin works on automating complex business processes to add value to a business.
Salesforce admins make sure that the system in use is clean and timely monitors new releases. A Salesforce admin in a company would be the SME Salesforce expert with in-depth knowledge about Salesforce customization.
Here we have listed some of the tasks that a Salesforce admin do:
- User maintenance
- Set up new users
- Create role hierarchy
- Manage company-wide defaults
- Set up permissions
- Collate requirements for new processes with relevant stakeholders
- Data management and security
- Create dashboards and reports
- Train new Salesforce users
Hire Experts for These Salesforce Roles for your Salesforce Implementation Project
Any Salesforce implementation project would have different aspects to be covered and will only be handled by the experts. Instead of spending time hiring in-house experts for each role, all you need is to connect with top Salesforce partners who have a team of experts for all these Salesforce roles.
We at 360 Degree Cloud have a team of certified Salesforce professionals who have the skills and technical expertise to handle and overcome your different business challenges. Contact us to discuss your unique challenges, and our experts will find a solution to them.