What is Salesforce Sandbox? What are the Reasons to use it?
Salesforce Sandbox is one of the various organizations of Salesforce itself. As we are aware of the fact that Salesforce primarily consists of two types of organizations, namely Sandbox organization and Production organization. Apart from these two, you can have multiple orgs for training or testing purposes or even development procedure without having any change in the already stored data and applications of the respective org. Salesforce Sandbox can also be described as one of that org of Salesforce CRM which is primarily used for coding or performing distinct operations which you want to further include on your CRM platform. The tasks or actions performed in any of these orgs are not going to harm your data in other respective orgs. The blog highlights the usage and importance of Sandbox organization and the various reasons why one should use it. Continue reading the blog to get more relatable knowledge.
Salesforce Sandbox is generally used by the team of developers or coders so that they can work upon the respective codes or programs in the same to get the desired changes done.
Moreover, Salesforce Sandbox has further been categorized into 4 main types as follow:
To know about each one of them in detail, continue reading the blog-
- Developer Sandbox– It is a copy of production org which contains all applications and configuration data within itself. It’s limited to up to 200MB of test or sample data and can be refreshed once per day.
- Developer Pro Sandbox– These types of sandboxes copies your production org’s price books, reports, dashboards, etc. include its standard and custom objects. It can contain up to 1GB of test or sample data. You can refresh this type of sandbox once per day.
- Partial Data Sandbox– It is a developer sandbox only but it also contains the data defined in a Sandbox template. It would be containing the production org’s reports, dashboards, etc. but additionally, it can also include the custom as well as standard objects too. It can contain up to 5GB of your test data or records and can be refreshed every 5 days.
- Full Sandbox– Full Sandbox is more like an exact copy of production org containing all documents, attachments, standard as well as custom objects. You can refresh it every 29 days.
So, basically, these all were the prime types of Salesforce Sandbox. They are used for testing and development purpose only but each of them has a few different features and specifications which makes them distinct from one another. You can access the data in them as per the types mentioned above and then easily carry forward the whole other procedure easily and effectively. The blog also highlights the key reasons why people must use these Sandboxes. To know more about them, continue with the reading.
Reasons to Use Your Salesforce Sandbox Today:
There are various reasons why you should start using your Salesforce sandbox from today itself. It gives you an opportunity to experience unlimited benefits of it without compromising with your already existing data and applications too.
The following are a few reasons why you should consider using it now:
1 ) Create, build and test in peace- Nobody would disturb you in your sandbox org while you are planning to create and test out any new addition which you want on your production org. You can take ample of time creating it and then testing it again and again till you achieve the desired results.
2) Plan Updates Accordingly- You can plan the future updates in a well-organized manner in your Salesforce sandbox and schedule the upcoming releases of your software/ app.
3) Keeping your Production org Safe- Creating or testing any new programs would not affect your production org in any way. It would keep your stored data the way it is.
4) Sandboxes are easy to create- Creating sandbox on Salesforce is one of the easiest things. It then allows you to create, edit and work with your own peace and comfort.
So, these were few of the main reasons why one should start using Salesforce Sandbox straight away. To avail the above-mentioned benefits from the Salesforce CRM, one must be completely equipped with its practical usage having a sound knowledge too. If you are a newbie to this, opt for Salesforce Consulting services today which might you get through the same and making your business reach to great heights each day every day!